Company: Stella Pleiades Corporation
Expected salary: $23 – 39 per hour
Location: Porter Ranch, CA
Job description: Job description
● Are you committed to getting quickly approved to teach all core YogaSix classes following your initial training (prerequisite)?
● Do you consider yourself a leader?
● Are you an experienced yoga teacher looking for a way to get more involved, beyond teaching classes, privates, and workshops?
● Do you desire to up your game by being part of a Professional Team?
● Are you 500hr Yoga Alliance Certified (or, at minimum, E-RYT 200) and have been teaching for a minimum of 3 years?
● Do you enjoy having a flexible, rolling schedule that includes working some weekends?
● Does being part of a community and building strong relationships excite you?
● Are you excited about receiving feedback to grow personally and professionally?
● Do you enjoy hiring, training and providing ongoing coaching?
● Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy contributing to the community’s overall health and wellbeing?
If you said YES to ALL of the above questions, then keep on reading! Becoming a Lead Teacher with Yoga Six could be the best next step in your career.
Setting the Ultimate Example
Taking the seat of a Lead Teacher carries with it much joy as well as much responsibility. Dedication to your own journey and a commitment to personal growth and inner transformation is the foundation, for you can only guide another as far along the path as you have come yourself.
Qualities of Great Leaders & Teachers
● The ability to create connection
● Knowledge of the techniques and material
● The ability to communicate and the willingness to be in conversation
● Being objective in judgment
● Being a gatekeeper of the space
● Willingness to grow and remain a student forever
● Permission to not know, to be the beginner, to be a learner
● A sense of humor
● Dropping grandiose expectations and honoring our personal and professional evolution
● Being willing to tune in to our needs and the needs of our team members
● Leading from a place of rich personal experience
About the Role
Our Lead Teacher supports the Studio General Manager and the Department of Education by providing programming expertise, onboarding help, and continued coaching for the teaching roster of YogaSix Porter Ranch. Onboarding help includes reviewing submitted sequences, auditioning teachers for format sign offs, providing feedback and coaching to teachers exploring new formats, and leading format trainings.
This is a part-time position. Compensation includes a competitive hourly rate, in addition to a session rate for publicly led group classes. Time commitment can range between 5-10 hours per week, plus time teaching, depending on the needs and stage of the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Have a consistent presence teaching and practicing at YogaSix Porter Ranch.
● Teach a minimum of 5-8 yoga classes (minimum of 4 different formats) in the studio per week.
● Responsible for recruiting, auditioning, hiring, coaching and developing teachers.
● Have strong understanding of Yoga Six core formats, as well as distinguishing features between formats.
● Ability to review sequences submitted for non-set formats (Y6 101, Y6 Slow Flow, Y6 Restore, Y6 Power, Y6 Sculpt & Flow) and provide feedback to teacher, General Manager and Department of Education (if requested).
● Responsible for auditioning teachers for various class formats, as well as auditing existing teachers’ classes in various class formats for continued support.
● Coach teachers in a supportive, empowering way by illuminating areas of growth and acknowledging areas of skill.
● Submit audition evaluation form for each teacher to studio manager.
● Lead in-house format trainings (which include a full class experience) for training purposes.
● Certified Teacher with experience in Vinyasa style yoga.
● Minimum RYT 200 hr Certified Yoga Teacher (500 hr Certified Teacher preferred).
● Minimum 2 years teaching experience (E-RYT status preferred).
● Yoga Management experience preferred.
● Interest in evolving skills as a teacher and knowledge of various styles.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience coaching and developing staff and effectively resolving personnel issues.
● Organizational skills/ High attention to detail.
● Computer savvy; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, online databases.
● Yoga Six Ambassador for Community Events (Teacher, Contributor).
● Lead by example, consistently perform all tasks at the highest level.
● Uplift all Team Members by giving them the tools to succeed.
● Adhere to Yoga Six Core Values and uphold the Core Values with all Team Members.
● Be able to step in as an authority-figure in the studio as needed when the General Manager is not available.
A few more details…
● Technical ability to support and coach teachers in order to ensure growth and refinement of technique.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, ClubReady or Mind Body Online preferred
● Embrace change and adapt well to a fast-changing environment.
● Desire to learn, grow, and be coached.
● No relocation offered.
● Must be eligible to work in the US.
● Lead Teacher to have written approval for all tasks, and to document time/projects work.
● Lead Teacher reports to General Manager, with support and training coming from the Director of Education.
● Must be physically able to walk through the classroom freely in order to demo postures and transitions in a heated room (up to 105 degrees), monitor students’ movements, provide them with hands-on adjustments (as needed and if desired by students) and to facilitate dynamic, energizing, empowering and fun yoga and fitness classes.
● Must be able to walk up flight(s) of stairs as the studio building does not have elevators.
● Able to demonstrate exercises relevant to class style, as is frequently required.
● Physically able to lift and carry 1-20 lbs. equipment.
● Adjust and operate equipment.
● Strong verbal skills (proficient in speaking and understanding English)
Equal Opportunity Employment
YogaSix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaSix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, and join the incredible leadership team of YogaSix Porter Ranch:
● Email PorterRanch at YogaSix.com with the subject line “Lead Teacher Position” and attach the following documents:
● PDF of Teaching Certificate(s)
Screened candidates will be invited to an initial interview, and those that move forward will be asked to submit an audition video.
Professional development assistance
Ability to commute/relocate:
Porter Ranch, CA 91326: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.00 – $45.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 30 per week
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Free fitness classes
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Bonus opportunities
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- AED Certification (Preferred)
- Porter Ranch, CA 91326: Relocate before starting work (Required)