Company: Swing Education
Expected salary: $22 – 47 per hour
Location: San Jose, CA
Job description: Pay range: $22-$47 per hour*
Substitute Teacher for the 2023-24 School Year
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr college or university in the U.S.
- Currently have or will obtain a CA teaching credential or substitute teaching permit.
- Pass a background check and negative TB test before the hiring date.
As a substitute teacher, you’ll step in for primary classroom teachers when they are absent or in need of support. Duties include following the lesson plans left by the primary teacher, maintaining classroom order, assisting students with their schoolwork, and ensuring a safe and productive learning environment. You’ll play a crucial role in keeping the school day running smoothly in the absence of the primary teacher.
Join the Team and Make a Difference:
Are you a dedicated educator or a passionate supporter of K-12 education? We’ve got an exciting opportunity for substitute teachers, teacher assistants, and all education supporters who want to bring their energy to the K-12 education space in and around Santa Clara County. Swing Education is actively recruiting for immediate openings. And the best part? You get to choose your schedule, enjoy weekly pay, and work within your preferred school districts!
Why Choose Swing Education:
- Flexibility: Be the leader of your teaching journey. Whether you’re a substitute teacher, teacher assistant, or just a teaching enthusiast, choose when and where you want to make an impact in the education world.
- Empowerment: Forget those dreaded 6 AM phone calls! With advanced text notifications and easy access to multiple school districts, your teaching schedule is in your hands.
- Answer a few simple questions to register and begin the application process.
- Follow the steps on the screen. Your responses will help us determine your qualifications, flag gaps, and notify you of any action needed to get you certified and started.
- Once you have completed all the necessary requirements, you will start to see all available schools and assignments on your computer, your phone, or on the Swing app!
- Timely Weekly Pay: You’ll receive your payment every Friday.
- Maximum Earnings: We believe in you and we never take a cut of your pay.
- Financial Support: You will be reimbursed for your Livescan fee AFTER TEACHING YOUR FIRST DAY with Swing.
- Assignment Selection: Pick the assignments that match your teaching style.
- Local Opportunities: Unlock the door to substitute teaching opportunities in your area.
- Perks and Bonuses: Opportunities to earn additional bonuses throughout the year.
- Support and Answers: Need guidance or have questions? Our support team is here to provide assistance.
- Referral Bonus: Refer your friends to join Swing. You both could earn a $100 bonus!
- And More Perks: Access to health benefits and 401K as a W2 employee of Swing.