Company: New Story Schools
Expected salary: $50000 – 70000 per year
Location: Penryn, CA
Job description: Hiring licensed teachers and those with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 credit hours in Special Ed. plus willingness to obtain 18 additional credit hours through our Tuition Reimbursement Program (made available for this position immediately upon hire). Supervision will be provided by a Certified Special Education teacher.
New Story Schools in Mountville, PA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor Emotional Support or Autistic Support students. As a Special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and the dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom. We are now offering a sign-on bonus of up to $10,000 for this position.
Pay range $50,000-$70,000 based on degree, certification level, and years of experience.
- Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
- Develop lesson plans which keep students actively engaged in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies. Lesson
related material in a timely manner. * Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Set clear expectations for students’ behavior and provide and implement behavior management strategies and techniques to manage severe student behavior and maintain a safe and effective learning environment. Behaviors should be managed in an immediate, consistent, and appropriate manner.
- Deliver classroom instruction in a meaningful and appropriate way to enable students to progress toward the goals outlined in the IEP. Classroom time should be structured and scheduled
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership, and direction to staff within the classroom.
- Conduct educational assessments and record/interpret data.
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools careers and benefits, please visit our website
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG system. Click , log in, and navigate to “Open Opportunities” to search and apply for current open opportunities.
- 6+ months experience working with adolescents with behavior/learning disorders (student teaching hours can be included)
- Bachelors or better in Special Education
- Bachelors or better in Education
- Masters or better in Special Education
- PA Teacher License
- Teacher – Spec. Ed.
- Lesson Plan Development
- Classroom Management
- Curriculum Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work