Company: Home Builders Institute
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job description: ABOUT HBI:
HBI has been training and educating America’s home construction workforce for more than 40 years. Our proven business model has helped countless individuals create long-term career opportunities. Over the years, we have continued to build our program offerings and expand our footprint in the construction industry. From innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we remain committed to building careers and changing lives.
Our programs teach highly sought after technical construction trades and entrepreneurship to youth aged 16-24 in our Job Corps programs, Military Services, our Academies, and programs for adults and youth operating behind the fence in correctional facilities.
Apply by 02/23/24
As a skilled trades Instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire and lead future trades professionals are essential, as is a strong orientation to safety in the workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Instructs program participants in trade skills using approved curriculum
- Develops curriculum and supporting training materials, as needed
- Coordinates hands-on training activities including on-site and community-based projects
- Demonstrates proper use of tools and equipment use, with an emphasis on safety
- Assists with student recruitment, placement, and employability training, as directed and/or as required by program needs
- Monitors, mentors, and coaches students
- Fosters positive working relationships with and between funders, program partners, and other personnel
- Participates in outreach and employer relationship development
- Performs various administrative and reporting functions, as required
- Ensures proper use, storage, and security of tools, equipment, etc.
- Adherence with all applicable safety protocols (OSHA 10)
Internal: HBI Executive Team, HBI Board of Trustees, and staff at all levels
External: Community channel partners, vendors, contractors and system(s) end users
Ability to meet Career Technical Training requirements, including a High School Diploma or equivalent and/or any combination of work, education and/or skills equivalent to Journey-level experience in the relevant trade – Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing or HVAC.
Usual office-type working conditions; routine physical conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening, and sitting; nominal travel anticipated.
HBI values the health and safety of its staff and students. All employees are encouraged to maintain updated vaccination statuses, including the most recent COVID vaccines and boosters. Proof of vaccination may be required for some program locations. Candidates in need of an exemption due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief may submit a request to the human resources department.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.