Company: Northrop Grumman
Expected salary: $63800 – 106300 per year
Location: Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA
Job description: US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant 4. This position will be located in Vandenberg Space Force Base, California and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files.
- Coordinates travel and expense reimbursement.
- Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to the supervisors assignments.
- Arranges meetings and conferences.
- Receiving, referring or answering mail.
- Coordinates calendars.
- Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage.
- Answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- The nature of the position involves exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Initiates, researches and obtains information for reports and special assignments.
- May act as coordinator of special projects, following up on pending details, coordinating activities and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Uses various PC software packages such as PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc., to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information for reports, projects, meetings and events.
- Will also be responsible for routine administrative duties: coordinates staff meetings, teleconferences, answers telephones, screens calls and forwards messages, prepares expense reports, and maintains filing system.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or higher) with a minimum of 6 years of administrative experience to include experience supporting senior executives.
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint the ability to create, manipulate professional deliverables
- Demonstrated ability using travel and expense reporting programs and tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and with outside organizations
- Demonstrated ability using Sharepoint in an administrator role
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate’s experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.