Expected salary: $83600 – 167200 per year
Location: Alameda, CA
Job description: Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is an onsite opportunity in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We are helping people with Diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Consistent and accurate glucose monitoring is the foundation of any diabetes management plan, so we’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure, track and analyze glucose levels.
As a Senior Sales Administration & Support Analyst, you will will apply specialized knowledge and skills related to the planning, forecasting and analysis of Trade sales and marketing initiatives in both CGM and BGM. This position requires the ability to execute highly complex and/or specialized projects. This individual should be able to think analytically and make recommendations from traditional approaches to develop new solutions to improve current processes. This is an onsite opportunity in Alameda, Ca.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The Senior Sales Administration & Support Analyst will apply their specialized knowledge and skills related to the planning, forecasting and analysis of Trade sales and marketing initiatives in both CGM and BGM. This position requires the ability to execute highly complex and/or specialized projects. This individual should be able to think analytically and make recommendations from traditional approaches to develop new solutions to improve current processes.
- Manages retailer and wholesaler forecasting and demand planning, which includes consumption, inventory, and shipment analysis. Manages reporting and makes database updates.
- Responsible for Medicare Advantage database updates and regular maintenance to ensure proper account mapping.
- Creates and builds Qliksense reports and answers queries from the sales team related to Qliksense reports and data.
- Manages pharmacy location mapping related to FreeStyle Libre distribution.
- Participates in the rLBE forecasting for meters and ancillaries as well as provides input on both CGM and BGM.
- Provides advanced analytical support to the Trade and DME organization; Analyzes results and trends related to sales and marketing promotional activities (e.g., ROI analysis, KPI reporting).
- Responsible for making supply recommendations based on historical sales and shipment activities for improved forecast accuracy.
- Bachelors Degree, Business degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of related experience, including strong working knowledge of ACNielsen/IRI, Spectra, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability or aptitude to apply in-depth knowledge of financial processes, accounting methodologies and Division-specific operations to lead complex processes and to support related systems and functions
- Ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior
- Ability to operate independently with broad scope of responsibility under minimal supervision and under challenging time constraints
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with all levels of the organization
- Ability to facilitate interpretation and understanding of data, identify risks, develop recommendations and implement solutions
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills, analytical skills and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The base pay for this position is $83,600.00 – $167,200.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY: Sales Support & Administration
DIVISION: ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION: United States
Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
WORK SHIFT: Standard
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf