Company: Guardant Health
Expected salary: $130350 – 175972 per year
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job description: Company Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
Guardant Health is looking for a Senior IT Analyst/Auditor, Internal Controls & SOX to join our Global Internal Controls Team. If you are intellectually curious, view challenges as learning opportunities, want to experience the transformative world of global internal controls, and enjoy working with people, we’d love to speak with you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist the team in helping coordinate internal controls and IT SOX related activities (ITGCs & ITACs) between the company and external audit.
- Tactical lead for the coordination, communication and documents gathering both internally with CIO’s organization and external audit.
- Coordinate with process and control owners and external auditors and advisory partners on various matters including planning activities, walkthrough participation, evidence (PBC) requests, information sharing, and status updates.
- Perform SOX testing for Information Technology (IT) controls for in-scope applications, operating systems and databases including security, change management and infrastructure controls, key reports, data analytics and operational reviews.
- Perform internal controls reviews and risk assessments for IT environment and systems.
- Lead the efforts related to quarterly management certifications (user access, change management, monitoring activities and reporting)
- Update and manage dataflow diagrams and narratives for all IT and application controls on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in updating and maintaining company-wide internal control standards and provide controls-related training to process owners.
- Assist with the collection and review of third-party SSAE 18 (SOC) reports.
- Assist with researching and documenting ITGC & ITAC internal control issues and tracking remediation to conclusion.
- Assist with performing assessments for SOX impact of new initiatives, including system implementations (SDLCs), and special projects.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of SOX GRC application with real-time updates and appropriate visibility and access by stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, IT, and Operations groups building key relationships, enhancing collaboration, and developing knowledge and expertise in multiple areas, as there is tremendous potential for growth, as we expand.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Bachelor’s degree or above in information systems or in a relatable field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in information technology, audit, SOX Compliance, applications, information security, networks, and infrastructure.
- Deep understanding and practical application of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), IT Governance, Risk & Controls, COSO, Cobit, NIST & InfoSEC.
- Operational and/or audit experience with technologies such as ERPs (Oracle/SAP), data visualization tools, cloud technologies, and GRC tool.
- Professional Certification is preferred (CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CIA, or equivalent).
- Demonstrated proficiency of information technology auditing control disciplines including a solid foundation in security and one or more pertinent areas of technical specialization (application development, change management, or operations).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to learn.
- Above all else, you are bright, personable, and motivated by new experiences and challenges!
- Life Science /Healthcare industry experience.
- Strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards.
- Organized, solid attention to detail, and ability to re-prioritize in a fluid environment.
- As a member of the Guardant Health Global Internal Controls team, you will have lots of opportunities working with collective teams of bright, personable, and motivated by challenge individuals. You are encouraged to be your authentic self here and lead by example.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of Life Sciences, conquering cancer with data!
- We are committed to our patients, business partners and peers, foster transparency, boldness and being original.
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and focusing on impact by working smarter and together.
- We believe in autonomy, taking initiative and making every moment matter.
- We take what we do seriously! We don’t take ourselves seriously!
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the base salary range for this full-time position is $130,350 to $175,972. The range does not include benefits, and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our .
Please visit our career page at:
#LI-JL1, #LI-HYBRID, #LI-HIRING, #LI-SOX, #LI-AUDITOR, #LI-ITANALYST