Company: Masonic Homes of California
Expected salary: $23 – 26 per hour
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job description: Job Description:
Location: 1111 California Street, San Francisco, CA
Shift: Overnight shift, 4:30 pm to 1:00 am, Sunday, Monday, per-diem
Classification: Full-time with complete medical/dental/401K, benefits, 17 days’ vacation, and all holidays
Pay rate at $23.00-26.00 per hour per hour
The Masons of California is looking for a highly competent security officer to join our team to monitor the premises and protect our valued staff, visitors, and inventory. Our ideal candidate will have prior experience as a security officer or guard and training in first aid. They will have a sharp eye and quick reaction time to detect suspicious or criminal behaviors and prevent theft or vandalism.
We rely upon you to protect, safeguard, and secure assets, personnel, customer, tenants, visitors, and property on our grounds.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure environment for staff and visitors
- Write reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards, and other security-related situations to the supervisor of correction or follow-up actions.
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the building, perimeter, and park to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Monitoring surveillance cameras and responding to all disruptions or unlawful activities
- Uses surveillance system to retrieve footage and provides footage to building management and local authorities
- Respond to suspicious persons, vandalism, or hazards
- Respond to alarms and distress calls
- Assists building management in responding to elevator emergencies
- Escort vendors through premises as directed by building management
- Activate and deactivate alarms as scheduled and instructed
- Ensure all security systems, like the burglar alarms and CCTV, are working properly
- Respond to alarms and security-related incidents
- Assist staff and visitors
- Assist garage operators and parking garage customers
- Controls traffic by directing drivers
- Use provided communication devices such as cell phones and two-way radios, concise and professional. Always respond to calls and text messages.
- Works overtime with a flexible schedule to cover extra shifts
- Performs CPR or first aid when needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Required Skills/Abilities: Education and Experience: Physical Requirements:
- Experience working Independently and as part of team
- Current BSIS Guard Card
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and viewing surveillance cameras
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Ability to quickly traverse various areas of the facility to conduct inspections and respond to issues
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on growth, teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement