Job description: Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Our Commercial Pre-Sales organization is actively seeking a Sales Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will collaborate hand-in-hand with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help bring Snowflake to market and grow the company.
You will have the opportunity to apply your passion for reinventing the data industry and thrive in our dynamic environment, stay up to date on the ever-evolving technology landscape and act as a technical evangelist for both internal teams and customers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers.
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation.
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Understanding and experience with data architecture, data analytics and cloud technology
- Hands on experience with on-prem or cloud data warehouse and data lake platforms
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Hands on experience with Python preferred
- Experience working with modern data technology (e.g. dbt, spark, containers, devops tooling, orchestration tools, git, etc.) a plus
- Experience with data science and machine learning technology (shallow learning, deep learning, LLMs, Hugging Face, notebooks, etc.) a plus
- Ability to solve customer specific business problems and apply Snowflake’s solutions
- Customer-facing skills to effectively communicate our vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.
As a Snowflake Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing the data space, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.