Company: American Jewish University
Expected salary: $22 – 26 per hour
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Job description: Job Summary
The Brandeis-Bardin Campus of American Jewish University is as much a feeling as it is a place. Located in Simi Valley, California and committed to the artistic, cultural, intellectual and environmental pursuits of the Jewish people, the campus strives to ‘touch and teach’ every individual who comes down Peppertree Lane.
The Brandeis-Bardin campus is home to the beloved Camp Alonim, the Ziering Brandeis Collegiate Institute, and a comprehensive conference and events center. The campus offers unique spaces for lifecycle events such as b’nai mitzvot and Jewish weddings, religious and educational retreats and conferences.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Hospitality, the Sales Coordinator works with the hospitality team in achieving revenue goals and providing exceptional customer service to clients. They are the first point of contact for incoming sales calls, and are expected to respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner to all internal partners and external customers. The Sales Coordinator demonstrates excellent time management, self-motivation and proactive planning, and endeavor to be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front line customer service for all incoming inquiries:
- Respond to all incoming phone and email inquiries, maintaining a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor during all interactions.
- Triage inquiries and forward to partners and team leads as appropriate
- Timely processing of pricing & rate quote requests
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of AJU’s strategy and pricing
- Work with customers on event requests and prepare/negotiate quote.
- Partner with internal team on programming and pricing as required.
- Finalize quote with client and prepare for handoff to Director of Logistics and/or Programming Manager for event coordination.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and existing clients relationships to acquire new business. Research organizations and schools for potential outreach and solicitation.
- Maintain communication records and organize solicitation efforts.
- Collaborate with SD to develop sales strategies to generate new business.
- Strengthen existing client relationships to encourage repeat event booking.
- Updates client records, upload files and documents as needed.
- Create and provide inter-department communication pertaining to forthcoming groups & events on a daily and weekly basis.
- Stay informed of current market trends, competitors’ rates/activities.
- Manage guest satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate with SD on survey responses.
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year in hotel or conference Catering/Sales Assistant role
- Experience developing and growing relationships with external partners
- A natural brand ambassador, passionate about the organization and amplifying our impact
- Event coordination experience plus strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and database management
- Previous experience in a sales support role and contract administration preferred
- Knowledge of kosher standards a plus
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Job Title: Sales Coordinator
Status: Full Time/Hourly, nights and weekends required
Salary: $22- $26 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Supervisor: Senior Director of Hospitality
Powered by JazzHR