Company: 24 Hour Fitness
Location: Rialto, CA
Job description: Job Title
Sales and Service Overnight
847 Renaissance Marketplace, Rialto, California 92376
The Sales & Service Overnight (SSO) is a member of the Club Operations team that serves the needs of members and guests to create a welcoming, informative, and enjoyable experience. Working a dedicated overnight shift, the SSO plays a critical role in upholding the 24 Hour Fitness Service Commitments starting with a Clean, Friendly, Well-Maintained gym. The SSO will regularly interact with guests inquiring about memberships and through consultative and engaging conversation, helps inspire guests to take the right next steps in pursuing their fitness goals. In addition, the SSO maintains relationships with existing members, greeting them during check-in, resolving concerns that may arise, and contributing to a best-in-class member-centric environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of
Uphold Service Commitments and drive member satisfaction by:
- Ensuring members receive a friendly greeting/check-in and prompt attention to their needs
- Maintaining name relationships with members and serving as a resource for their questions or concerns
- Resolving member concerns as they arise and when needed, escalating through the proper management channels
- Being present on the club floor and locker rooms, helping keep a clean and safe environment
- Regularly conducting team cleans and identifying equipment and/or amenities in need of service 40%
Generate quality guest visits and assist enrollment as needed through:
- Helping guests become comfortable in the club
- Offering tours, discussing amenities and answering membership questions
- Inspiring guests to achieve their personal fitness goals
- Presenting 24 Hour Fitness in a way that best connects with guests
- Removing barriers and misconceptions on both free and fee-based Fitness services (Personal Training, Group Exercise, 24GO Digital)
- Ensuring new members are set up for success by meeting with a Personal Trainer 40%
Sell retail products and generate additional club revenue by:
- Maintaining a proficient knowledge base of current retail products
- Ensuring proper retail merchandising and planogram standards
- Encouraging members to refer guests to try the club
- Offering in-club promotions including Personal Training, Add-On Memberships, etc. 20%
This position will report directly to the Sales & Service Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- All 24 Hour Fitness Membership sales and administrative processes
- Computer skills for using 24 Hour Fitness systems and other common applications as needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification from approved organization is required. CPR & AED certification will be provided through 24 Hour Fitness.
- Must complete SSO training (includes Club Orientation and Club Safety) prior to working alone at the front desk.
- Must have 6-12 months experience in customer service function.
- Prior overnight shift experience preferred.
- Experience operating multiple phone lines preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for up to 8 hours and must talk and hear. The employee occasionally sits, walks, kneels and reaches with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
- Some travel may be required to attend meetings and trainings.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and Workplace Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 24 Hour Fitness’ policies and procedures.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by 24 Hour Fitness as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to member and team members, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately.
Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Area of Interest
24 Hour Fitness offers benefit programs designed to meet the diverse needs of all team members, including health coverage, as well as Company paid benefits that are automatically provided at no cost, such as group life and accident insurance. There are eligibility requirements for each plan based on your position, hire and/or service date and your average hours worked. Benefit eligible team members may also accrue vacation hours. All 24 Hour Team members, and their eligible dependents, receive a complimentary membership.
All Employees: Free Club Membership, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Basic Group Live and AD&D Insurance ($10,000), and 401k Savings and Investment Plan.
Average of 30 hours or more per week: Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits, Paid Time Off, and Sickness Benefits (in addition to the above).
Actual offer may vary from posted hiring range based on location, work experience, and/or education.
Pay Range: $16.00 – $16.00