Company: Lakeshore Learning Materials
Expected salary: $80000 – 100000 per year
Location: Alameda, CA
Job description: Company Description
At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community-with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever-and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
Even after decades of expansion, Lakeshore is entering one of the most exciting times in our history-with skyrocketing sales, an ever-expanding market and an abundance of new, untapped business waiting to be explored. That’s why we’re looking for an energetic and talented Regional Sales Manager to join us-as we continue to extend our reach in the K-12 educational space. In this role, you’ll cultivate new and existing relationships with school districts and educational programs-serving our devoted customer base in the early childhood and educational markets, while also exploring new market segments like middle schools and high schools. In return, you’ll be generously rewarded for your successes. In addition to a super-competitive base salary, there is no cap on commissions at Lakeshore. That means the more you sell, the more you earn. As a highly successful and stable company with more than 70 years of experience, we also have a sales support team to help with initiatives in your market, plus a top-notch Marketing team that provides tools and resources to get the job done. To excel in this position, you should possess a strategic, outcome-oriented mindset, a dynamic personality and outstanding people skills.
Life out in the field looks like this:
- Securing new and repeat business by building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders, responsible for a designated geographical area (in some cases, multiple states)
- Partnering with internal sales resources to support needs and increase business
- Consistently calling on, building, and maintaining relationships with customers within assigned territory
- Partnering with your RVP/RD to form, modify and prospect sales strategies
- Targeting key customers and begin to assess and uncover customer needs
- Communicating respectfully, effectively, concisely, and with clarity to all inside partners in regular meetings with a variety of internal HQ departments and sales channels to streamline communication, build relationships, and increase sales.
- Participating in local, state and national conferences to promote the Lakeshore brand
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of successful sales experience and proven entrepreneurial know-how
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Solid presentation skills and ability to speak to customer needs at all levels
- Strong work ethic, team player mentality and ability to perform outstanding work from home
- Candidates should ideally reside in the Oakland, Fremont, San Jose, or San Leandro area and have the ability to travel as needed within the territory including overnight stays
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM Platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Salary: $80,000-$100,000
- Uncapped commission structure
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance and family bonding
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage-EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits options-choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work-it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and talent-not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To learn about how we collect and use Applicant information, please visit our INDRLL11