Location: San Rafael, CA
Job description: Description
Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
Hybrid role – 2 days onsite minimum
- Manage Covid process, including working closely with third party administrator for initial intake, follow-up with workers/managers/security, maintain and create reports, and provide high-level data to Senior Leaders
- Maintain calendars for People Leadership Team using Outlook
- Coordinate both domestic and international travel for People Leadership Team
- Process and submit expense reports for People Leadership Team using BioMarin’s reporting software program (currently Concur), research and resolve expense report discrepancies
- Plan team and cross-functional off-sites through coordination with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Using Outlook and Teams, schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed, including organizing meeting logistics
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution for their inquiries
- Attend on-site events, including but not limited to, flu shot clinics, blood drives, and wellness fairs. Point of contact for vendors
- Prepare reports, audit and submit invoices to AP
- Audit and generate bi-weekly reports to Payroll
- Maintain U.S. Benefits page on company intranet
- Handle special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed (e.g. assistance with preparing presentations, Power Point slides, spreadsheets, and auditing)
- Other administrative duties and/or projects as assigned
- Minimum four years of related experience in an Administrative Assistant role
- Must have expertise in Outlook. Experience with Teams a plus
- Proficiency with standard office software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Strong customer service and analytical skills, with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organization
- Responsiveness to tight deadlines, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to be discrete and maintain sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team effort
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Enjoys a challenging, fast-paced environment and can demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Previous experience within HR and the Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industry is a plus
- Prior experience supporting executives is preferred
High School Diploma required. AA or BA preferred.
In the U.S, the hiring range for this position is *31* to *50* per hour. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity, and may also vary depending on candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience amongst other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.