Company: Guardant Health
Expected salary: $28.67 – 38.7 per hour
Location: San Diego, CA
Job description: Company Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
The Payroll Specialist at Guardant Health contributes to a world-class payroll organization, working closely with internal and external groups to resolve issues and ensure compliance with company policies as well as federal, state and local statutes.
- Review timesheets for accuracy. Calculate adjustments and obtain approvals before processing prior period transactions.
- Verify and process Employee data changes in the Payroll System
- Gather backup and perform calculations for manual checks
- Assist with accurate and timely data transfers between Payroll, HR Operations & 3rd party systems, according to the production schedule
- Gather and enter pay data in ADP to process payroll on bi-weekly schedule
- Respond to employee inquiries via email and Workday cases
- Monitor and respond to Wage Withholding Order inquiries
- Prepare and review various payroll reports to assist with payroll research and analytics.
- Maintain good recordkeeping practices
- Recommend process improvements
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a payroll, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with large multi-state payrolls
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive data and information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to use good judgment regarding compliance and regulatory issues
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated skill with business judgement and problem solving
- Ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to complete with discretion and confidentiality
- Maintain a helpful and positive attitude during periods of high volume
- Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows, software and technologies
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the hourly range for this full-time position is $28.67 to $38.70. The range does not include benefits and, if applicable, overtime, bonus, commission, or equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. If you are selected to move forward, the recruiting team will provide details specific to the factors above.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our .
Please visit our career page at:
#LI-JL1, #LI-HYBRID, #LI-HIRING, #LI-PAYROLL