Location: Lakewood, CA
Job description: Job Description:
Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy’s, Inc., we’re on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Sales and Customer Experience Manager, you will make sure the very best of Macy’s is always on display. Your ability to see the store through the customers’ eyes will help you lead initiatives and related efforts to increase shopper loyalty, while delivering on Macy’s standards for customer service. You bring your passion for the perfect customer experience to the service team, and you ensure that we always present a sales floor that’s ready and welcoming. Macy’s fun and inclusive environment is ideal if you enjoy connecting with people and passing your knowledge and enthusiasm on to your team through training and coaching as you and they advance through your leadership.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Short-term incentive, annual merit, merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
- Build a productive, enthusiastic team that’s ready and eager to engage with customers and create memorable shopping experiences
- Exceed sales goals by leading Macy’s initiatives through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and efficiency
- Review and utilize Sales and Star Rewards data to provide colleague recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results
- Manage selling support: i.e., stockroom, signing, equipment, merchandising
- Support other operational areas such as OMNI, Style, Asset Protection
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best talent and turnover reduction
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues in Customer Experience, Commission, and Specialized Selling areas
- Interview, hire, train, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues
- Work a flexible retail schedule: day, evening, holidays, and weekend
- 3 to 5+ years of management experience in a department or retail store
- A consistently clear and effective communicator, writer, and presenter
- Strong in the Microsoft suite, computers, and handheld devices in general
- An energetic team member who works well with customers and colleagues
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking around the store or department
- Reach with hands and arms, use hands to press, handle, and feel
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
Now is an exciting time for a Macy’s career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy’s customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing, and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career, and make a difference to your Macy’s colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy, and ideas to the Macy’s team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.