Company: Lakeshore Learning Materials
Expected salary: $31.25 – 36.05 per hour
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job description: Company Description
At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community-with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever-and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
In a time of unprecedented expansion, we are seeking a Territory Representative to join Lakeshore’s Inside Sales team. In this position, you will secure new and repeat business by building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders via virtual appointments and phone calls. In addition, you will pursue business relationships with city, county and state government officials, as well as community-based organizations, to support cutting-edge learning environments for children. In this role, you also will host virtual product presentations and events designed to familiarize customers with Lakeshore’s proprietary services, such as Complete Classrooms®. This is a remote position, so we’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic and the ability to perform outstanding work from home. The ideal candidate also has sharp presentation skills and a background in early learning and elementary education.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Securing new and repeat business by building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders via virtual appointments and outbound phone calls
- Consistently meeting, if not exceeding, activity requirements on a regular basis.
- Partnering with schools and childcare centers on a regular basis to assess emerging and ongoing needs
- Pursuing relationships with city, county and state government officials, and community-based organizations to support cutting-edge learning environments for children
- Hosting virtual product presentations and events designed to familiarize customers with proprietary services (Complete Classrooms®, professional development, conference support, etc.)
- Conducting online research to gather information pertaining to local, state and national trends and funding opportunities in early learning and elementary education
- Working with department leadership to form and modify sales strategies
- Working with your internal support team sales team and marketing group to fine-tune messaging and collateral materials to support your markets
- Partnering with sales, retail, and our professional services group to support the needs of local educators
- Identifying sales leads and collaborating with various members of the sales force to support the market
- Participating in weekly meetings with your team to discuss department initiatives and strategies
- Assisting team on special projects such as partnering with the outside sales force and participating in national and/or state campaigns
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness of local, state and national trends and funding opportunities in early learning and elementary education
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in inside and/or outside sales required
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) preferred
- Background in early learning and elementary education a plus
- Ability to address customer needs at all levels (teachers, administrators, directors)
- Coachable mentality, with an eagerness to learn and accept feedback
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Hourly: $31.25-$36.05
- Uncapped commission structure
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance and family bonding
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage-EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits-choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work-it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent-not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To learn about how we collect and use Applicant information, please visit our INDRLL10