Company: Lakeshore Learning Materials
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job description: Company Description
At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community-with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever-and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things, and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
The federal government may fill the airwaves, but it is state legislatures that are making the real noise. From east to west, states are filling education coffers with billions upon billions of dollars. For a company like Lakeshore, this is great news-and for a strategic thinker with outstanding people skills, it could be the opportunity that makes a career. As an Inside Sales Representative, you will represent one of the strongest brands in the education industry (with a devoted customer base and 65 years of uninterrupted growth to prove it). Privately owned and family-run, we provide early learning and elementary programs with in-demand products and services that can’t be found anywhere else. And on top of a super-competitive base salary, there’s no cap on commissions at Lakeshore. Lakeshore is great products, great support, great customers and great people…like you! What more could you ask for?
The ideal candidate for the Inside Sales Representative is enthusiastic about education with a consultative, solution-based approach to assisting customers. Primary focus on forging relationships and exceeding customers’ expectations. The right candidate has an outgoing personality and thrives on working in a collaborative environment. Strong communication skills will be needed as this role spends most of the day on the phone building lasting customer relationships. This is a fast-paced and exciting sales role, and you will be tasked with growing new business and achieving sales quotas/daily activity goals. This role is fully remote, so candidates can be based anywhere in the US.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Securing new and repeat business by building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders via virtual appointments and outbound phone calls
- Consistently meeting, if not exceeding, activity requirements on a regular basis.
- Partnering with schools and childcare centers on a regular basis to assess emerging and ongoing needs
- Hosting virtual product presentations designed to familiarize customers with proprietary services (Complete Classrooms®, professional development, custom solutions, and more)
- Conducting online research to gather information pertaining to local, state and national trends and funding opportunities in early learning and elementary education
- Working with department leadership to form and modify sales strategies
- Partnering with outside sales, retail and our professional services group to support the needs of educators
- Identifying sales leads and collaborating with various members of the sales force to support the market
- Participating in weekly meetings with your team to discuss department initiatives and strategies
- Assisting team on special projects such as partnering with the outside sales force and participating in national and/or state campaigns
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience making high volume outbound sales calls in an Inside Sales and/or Outside Sales role is a huge plus
- Hands-on classroom (K-5th) teaching experience and/or experience selling in the education industry is desirable
- Strong work ethic, team player mentality, and ability to perform outstanding work from home
- Solid presentation skills and ability to speak to customer needs at all levels (teachers, administrators, directors)
- Highly coachable with an eagerness to learn and accept feedback
- Goal oriented and self-motivated with a personal desire to improve and succeed
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) preferred
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Hourly/Salary: $28 -$31.50
- Uncapped commission structure
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance and family bonding
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage-EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits-choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work-it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent-not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To learn about how we collect and use Applicant information, please visit our INDRLL11