Location: Pleasanton, CA
Job description: Job Description: About
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Vendor Paid Specialist an exceptional colleague, affiliated with a brand specific vendor They utilize vendor product knowledge and superior selling skills to drive revenue for the vendor/brand. They create an enhanced shopping experience, deliver exceptional service and always make the customer the priority. The Vendor Paid Selling Specialist advocates for the customer and communicates customer opportunities to their store leadership team and vendor representatives.
- Deliver a memorable customer experience
- Drive vendor sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional selling skills
- Partner with Customer Experience Manager to identify business driving opportunities to drive top line sales
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Leverage product knowledge to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer in making the best choice
- Convert customers into clients
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean, neat and east-to-shop store environment Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Perform other customer-facing, vendor specific duties as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year previous merchandising or retail experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner.
- Must be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This position involves constant moving. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May have to reach above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.