Company: Crawford & Company
Location: Brea, CA
Job description: Excellence In Everything We Touch
Under direct supervision, the Administrative Assistant provides clerical assistance and performs administrative related functions in conjunction with other service center personnel in the maintenance of daily service center activities.
- Evaluates workflow processes to insure compliance with Business Unit best practices and modifies for compliance and efficiency
- Administers inventory control system for supplies
- Manages service center location filing, storage and retention functions
- Maintains equipment inventory and maintenance records for service center location; recommends to Operations Manager or Service Center Manager, acquisition or disposition of furniture and equipment from the fixed asset list
- Organizes agenda and materials for service center location staff meetings
- Maintains all fleet records for the branch and works with the fleet department as a service center liaison
- Assists with the supervision and/or implementation of systems input and software/database management within the service center location
- Supports the creation of new claims assignments in appropriate systems
- Supports Service Center and Home Office reporting requirements
- Assists in and/or performs general clerical/secretarial duties necessary to accomplish daily service center activities
- Performs typing/keyboarding and data input functions
- Serves as a liaison between service center and corporate headquarters departments to provide direction for answering questions and solving problems
- Maintains vacation and sick leave records
- Prepares/transmits medical only Workers’ Compensation filings for Industry Commissions
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times
High school graduate or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five years of experience providing administrative support to management.
Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
Intermediate Word and Excel Software Skills.
Basic PowerPoint Software Skills.
Alphabetical and numerical filing ability.
Standard business machines.
Accurate typing or keyboarding skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to coordinate work flow of other clerical employees
Because a claim is more than a number — it’s a person, a child, a friend. It’s anyone who looks to Crawford on their worst days. And by helping to restore their lives, we are helping to restore our community – one claim at a time.
At Crawford, employees are empowered to grow, emboldened to act and inspired to innovate. Our industry-leading team pioneers new solutions for the industries and customers we serve. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders to take this journey with us.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in purpose, vision and values. Learn more at .
When you accept a job with Crawford, you become a part of the One Crawford family.
- Our total compensation plans provide each of our employees with far more than just a great salary
- Pay and incentive plans that recognize performance excellence
- Benefit programs that empower financial, physical, and mental wellness
- Training programs that promote continuous learning and career progression while enhancing job performance
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.