Company: Long Beach Memorial Medical Group
Expected salary: $24.72 – 35.85 per hour
Location: Long Beach, CA
Job description: Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Long Beach, CA
Department: Nursing Admin MCH
Shift: Days (8hr)
Pay Range*: $24.72/hr – $35.85/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under minimal supervision and in a professional and friendly manner, perform assigned job duties to the highest level of customer service and assistance to both internal and external customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Service Orientation: Acts professional and calmly at all times when interacting with others; consistently demonstrates concern and courtesy towards colleagues and customers; treats all people respectfully takes personal responsibility for correcting problems, follows-up with individuals to ensure satisfaction with the level of service they received.
2. Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result, make decisions in a timely matter, anticipate the implications and consequences of situation appropriate action.
3. Communication Skills: Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively, ensures that information is understood by all parties; shares information in a timely manner using the appropriate method
4. Managing Resources: Allocates time and resources efficiently and effectively; prioritizes work and delegates as appropriate; works to minimize institutional risk by acting as a responsible steward for the organization.
5. Detail-Oriented: Is alert in a high-risk environment; follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitors gauges, instruments or processes; concentrates on routine work details, and organize and maintains a system of records.
6. Time Management: The ability to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare-that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more… Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards. Minimum Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook).
- Ability to type 65-70 WPM.
- Organize, self motivated individual with the ability to handle fluctuating volumes of work, and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong customer service skills and interpersonal interactions.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- High School Education/GED or equivalent required
- Associate’s / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education / experience preferred.